Saturday, August 8, 2009

Trail Conditions Update

I am happy to report that the entire trail has been cleared and trimmed and is in great shape.

I am also happy to report that we have another new Fan of Shutes in the 'hood. His name is Scott Simpson. Scott lives near Steve Vines (aka Fuel) and like me, he rides with his sons. Scott recently became "the mystery weedeater" - together, he and I cleared the back section of the trail.

Also in the news - the power line section is fully open, rerouted, and cleared. I used a backpack blower to re-establish the lines by simply removing the seed and straw laid down for the restoration of the utility work.

So if you haven't ridden the trail in a while, head out - it's faster and better than ever. Plus, get ready for some new trail in a month or so.

Steve

1 comment:

minikayaker said...

Even with all the rain the tail is in great shape. I have been lucky to get out just before the big rains. The ride home on the road the last couple of rides has been in a downpour. Trail seems to hold up real well to the rain, I guess that would change with more use.
Glad to see more trail marked. Since the trail does not need much maintenance now (just picking up branches and removing some face slappers) we should be able to make some progress building some new trail. I'll try to get out there and cut a little, when I can. Maybe today, after I fix the leaky roof. Lets plan some group night rides at SB this fall.
Eric