Monday, November 24, 2008

Another Trail Day - December 13 (Saturday)

It's time for another trail date at Shutes - We can likely surpass 4 miles if we have another good turnout. We're at 3.61 miles now. We'll meet on the camp road around 8 and work until lunch. The Corps will provide food again.

The trail is heading into some cool areas - we have a flat rock bottmed (bedrock) creek bed with several potential jumps to play with. As usual, the vegitation is dense so lots to do.

I'm going to post the date on NMB also - hopefully we can get at least 10 to 15 people out. Spread the word!!!!!

Steve

9 comments:

Booksy said...

sorry I'll miss it. Keep posting and cutting and trimming, I'll do what I can to get out and ride. How about a night ride next week? Monday night?

TNcaveman said...

Monday night sounds like a winner - weather permitting.

I'll post it on NMB later

Steve

minikayaker said...

If I get my battery back from Nite Rider by then, I'll join you. Though I don't think I'll have it.
Eric

sean d evans said...

i am hoping to ride Wend night! I will be there for this maintenance day.

TNcaveman said...

It was a little too cold and wet last night for a night ride - maybe Wednesday night? It'll be a little muddy in places. Say, 5 ish?

TNcaveman said...

Dog-gone-it, Ballet got me again - this is killing me. I hope someone gets to ride tonight - Maybe Thursday night - if it doesn't rain.

Steve

TNcaveman said...

We got another 1/10 of a mile today - 650 ft to be exact. We had a mild turnout of 6 plus the COE rangers. This section looks pretty fun. Less rocky than the last. I think trail sections are starting to get names that seem to be sticking - like "Rock City", "the first 2.5 miles", etc....

Trail should be in pretty good shape tomorrow afternoon.

Steve

minikayaker said...

Sorry I missed the work day. In Tampa visiting family. Hiked the trail yesterday, looks good. I'll try to get out there next week to do some work.
Eric

sean d evans said...

When is the next work day????