Thursday, November 13, 2008

We Have a Web Site!!!!!!!


This Saturday, more trail will be built. Tommy and crew will hopefully get near the 4 mile mark. More rocks are apparently in the works. Trail is breaking in nicely - single track with bare dirt.

I hope this Blog will generate interest in the Trail - especially helping it expand, and most importantly, keep it a fun place to ride.

The big challenge will be next spring and summer - It will take a minimum of 3 major trimming episodes. Hopefully, some of the trimming can be handled by Corp work crews. A commercial walk-behind would be nice to keep the sides of the trail back. The privet and honey-suckle will require "the blade".

I'll keep the map posted up and current.


Steve

5 comments:

crunchnetgadget said...

Thanks for putting up a site! I'm been out there with a GPS a couple times, too, and can send files if that helps.

Just one correction: the work day is Sunday, November 16 and not Saturday...

TNcaveman said...

Oops - I did it again. Anyway, Tommy said we had a good turnout - 8 plus two rangers. The trail should be around 4 miles after today. Thanks to the trail workers today - I was roughing it up at Mammoth Cave NP - camping, tourist caving, and MTBing.

Steve

Booksy said...

Excellent! I'll link it from my modest little blog. Thanks for all the work and keep the updates coming. Sorry I missed the work day, I was out in Memphis racing the TN State Cyclocross Championships

Steve Vines said...

Good turnout this weekend. The trail is really taking shape.

Jeff Witte said...

Like I heard someone say Sunday, "parts of it are like being in the Pacific Northwest".

I never thought this area would become anything other than an upscale development.

I have a Commercial grade 48" X-Mark walk-behind mower that I would be willing to try on at least part of the trails.

Jeff Witte