Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Latest Map at 3.6 miles


We just finished a night ride. It was Encyclopedia Brown (Sean), Little Caveman, and myself. The place is really different at night. Oddly, we saw no animals.

The new section made this past weekend was fun. The moss really needs to be raked out. I almost endoed several places between rocks. I did wipe-out on the steep dirt mound on the return trip. I wasn't going fast enough and stopped at the top. Due to the wet clay (not mud), I slid back down the mound. The rocks on the side slid out from under my feet and down I went. It's been a while.

Here is the new map. It kind of messed up at the end and made a straight line. I'll redo it next time we're out there.

This trail is definately getting interesting. Thanks for all the hard work this weekend. Tommy, make sure to get the list of names and hrs.

Steve

1 comment:

Booksy said...

Caveman! Thanks for the update, please post to the NMB Forum when you're night riding again. Tuesday several of us did the Lock 4 night ride and it was super fun, but I bet that Shutes would probably be about perfect for a night ride.